Medtech Accelerator Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the data controller is Medtech Accelerator Limited of Milton Hall, Ely Road, Milton, Cambridge, CB24 6WZ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.medtechaccelerator.co.uk (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site. We may from time to time ask you for information, for example in relation to opportunities that may be of interest to you or in relation to problems reported with the site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you submit an application for an award operated by Medtech Accelerator Limited
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- All information contained within the application form for an award submitted to us
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you have provided us with your personal details in connection with registering for an event, or submitted an application for an award, or in connection with one of the services we offer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous service to you.
All information submitted in an application to the Medtech Accelerator will be treated as confidential. We will use this information for the sole purpose of evaluating your application. We may also share this information with Health Enterprise East Limited (“HEE”) who will in turn use this information for the purpose of assisting us in providing additional information and support to you directly and separate to the Medtech Accelerator, including by identifying alternative funding options or commercialisation routes. We and HEE will only retain the information for so long as is necessary for these purposes. By applying for an award to the Medtech Accelerator, you are agreeing to this use and disclosure. Submitting an application does not give us or HEE any licence or other right in respect of information contained in that application beyond the right to use such information for the purposes detailed above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to other bodies affiliated with the Medtech Accelerator. Innovation disclosures submitted by NHS staff will be shared with Health Enterprise East, who deliver technology advisory services and innovation management to industry and the NHS . Their Privacy statement can be found here.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.